Oh it’s the most wonderful time of the year! But if you’re not planning ahead for January content you’re focusing too much on the crazy of the holidays.
January is an excellent time to get content in front of new readers. Millions of people are searching for diet tips, healthy recipes and workout routines. Some of you might already have your January posts planned out but if not, we’ve got a list of January’s top Google Search Trends to help you decide what to write and when.
The term “Workout” peaks in January – here are five related search terms that can easily become blog posts on most sites.
- Workout Routine
- Pre Workout
- Workout Plan
- Gym Workout
- Abs Workout
BLOG POST IDEAS
Also along the Workout lines you can cover food to fuel workouts, workout attire and workout playlists. “Yoga” does well as does “Treadmill Workout”. Almost everything in the fitness field peaks in January.
Healthy eating also performs high in January. Last year “Whole 30” peaked, similarly “Paleo” bottoms out in December and peaks in January. “Green Smoothies” are up, “Coffee” and “Tea” are up and “Beer” and “Wine” are down. Where last month “Cookies” peaked in search terms, January is all about “Chicken”, “Soup” and “Cake” believe it or not.
Outside of workouts and healthy eating, the categories that see the most action in January, we see “Calendar” do well and “Dry Skin” moves up. Based on this info we’ve got these 10 blog post ideas for January based on Google Trend data:
- My At-Home Workout Routine / No Gym Needed Workout Routine
- Tips for Going Paleo / Tips for Completing Your First Whole 30
- Paleo Chicken Soup
- My Favorite Green Smoothie Recipe
- DIY Calendar
- How to Color Coordinate Your Family’s Calendar
- Tips for Treating Dry Skin
- How to Protect Leather Boots
- Tips for an Easy Christmas Tree Disposal
- Gender Neutral Baby Shower (or anything baby shower, the term spikes in January)
January also brings around Award Season, The Super Bowl and Valentine’s Day planning. Best practice is to post any fashion posts that you want people to shop from at least two weeks before the event (to allow for shipping times) and food posts should go up at least one week beforehand. If you have previous content like recipes or party planning tips start to Pin those articles early in January.
- 01/10/2016 – The Golden Globes
- 01/12/2016 – The State of the Union
- 01/18/2016 – Martin Luther King Jr Day
- 01/30/2016 – The SAG Awards
- 02/07/2016 – Super Bowl 50
- 02/14/2016 – Valentine’s Day
- 02/14/2016 – BAFTA Awards
- 02/30/2016 – The Oscars