Happy Friday, Windy City Bloggers! I’m Ginger Hultin, a Registered Dietitian health writer in Chicago and the blogger behind Champagne Nutrition. I write about food and nutrition, reviews of Chicago restaurants, my other largely food-related travel, and also about fitness and original healthy recipes. Here’s your Friday 5 for this week!
We’re in the middle of a funky-weather Chicago summer but that won’t stop food festivals, concerts and street fairs all around ChiTown. Check out these #WindyCityBloggers for inspiration as you navigate the busy summer months, choosing your favorite Chicago events to attend:
- I met Anne Colvin of ASquared at a recent Windy City Blogger Collective event and immediately sensed her passion for the city and for my favorite topic: food! See her posts on Chicago food events this summer including a mouth-watering rendition of the Windy City Smokeout.
- If you’re looking for delicious vegan recipes, be sure to stop by my friend Dietitian Debbie Dishes. Fellow Registered Dietitian Debbie as showcases her beautiful photography and original recipes. Vegan Curry Tempeh Salad? Yes please!
- Lindsey at Butter&Type is a super cute girl with a blog name I love baking up the most delicious-looking summer recipes. Her sweet pepper honey cornbread muffins would be perfect to bring to a summer bbq or picnic.
- A shout-out to the fellow Champagnista Karen Puder of Bubbles in Bucktown – you must stop by for her Pitchfork Festival cheat sheet to use this weekend and to see her recent review of Analogue.
- Sarah and Erin of Boozygirls have their finger on the pulse of Chicago’s best beverage spots for summer. Be sure to check out their 4th of July Red, White and Booze round-up!
Ginger of Champagne Nutrition
Follow Champagne Nutrition on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook