Hey hey hey! It’s Friday you all and for most that means some well deserved R&R. But, when you are a 30-something mom of 3, Friday is the beginning of the week! No joke, we look forward to Mondays (you know, cause we can send them off to school). Anyhoo, it’s still Friday Five.
So I’m Cecilia of Home With Keki. Yea, yea, where does Keki come from? Well, growing up my brother and I would walk home from school on windy Sheridan road and head up 29 floors to our condo. My parents worked like crazy so we always walked into an empty house. First thing we would have to do is call mom at work to let her know we arrived safely. Usually my brother called, cause I was too busy finding an after school snack (I digress). He would call and I always heard him say, “hi mom, yes, I’m ‘home with keki.'” That was his nick name for me (still is), and that name is a better representation of me and my personality. So with that I began a successful staging & interior design firm 8 years ago, and decided to share my alter ego, keki, and all my crazy projects on a blog, that I started 2 years ago. That is how Home With Keki was born.
Now, back to my top five posts for the week!
- Lets start with design/interiors, my passion. If you know me, you know I combine vintage with updated traditional finds. I am a sucker for refurbished pieces. Literally, almost 90% of my home is refurbished, so I loved Vintage Refined posts this week on updating on OUTdated dresser. Without a doubt it is an oldie but goodie!
- Now for some Fall fashion. I can’t go a week without checking in on Jess of The Golden Girl Blog and this week she had a great post for something I am in need of!! A Fall winter coat. I am not always on top of my Fashion trends but I love that this week she gave me (yes me, cause it’s like she speaks to me on her blog) 10 Must Have Fall Coats.
- You gotta tap into your smokey eye with your new Fall coat so nothing like visiting April’s Lush Lashes this week to see her vlog about how to get that perfect smokey eye! love it!
- Okay, so you got your coat, your smokey eye, you need to go out! You can’t miss a week without checking in with CJ of All Dressed Up With Nothing to Drink! Literally the hostess with the mostess!! She pulled together a killer Beer Tasting and she even tapped the pumpkin (literally with a spigot)!
- And now I have to end with Fitness. I am on the quest to lose 30 pounds. Ugh!! Slowly over the years and having 3 kids the weight came on and guess what, it didn’t come off!! So this week I began a new diet program and fitness regimen and I loved the Built by Jess At Home Glute Guide this week for those killer bums.
Well, that’s all folks! much love! @homewithkeki