The Windy City Blogger Collective is kicking off the new year with a new website and some big changes!
WCBC just turned four, and as we hit that milestone, I wanted to focus on how to make WCBC a stronger better resource for Chicago bloggers.
Here is what you can expect in 2018:
- Free membership. Yup. It turns out running a membership site and dealing with annual payments is a lot of work. I think my time would be better spent on helping bloggers instead of administrative work.
- Weekly blog posts, about blogging. In the past I had been including blogging advice in the weekly newsletter, but I realize that having all of that content in one easy to find place would be easier for you.
- Weekly newsletters for our bloggers. The newsletters filled with events and opportunities will still be coming out on Mondays (ok maybe on Tuesday if things are super busy). You will just need to remember to come here to read the weekly blog post with blogging tips.
- Meet the Member blog posts. These are coming back to the blog.
- Events. We will still be hosting events – they will be announced in the newsletters.
Thanks for all of your support over the years. I am so excited for the year ahead!
– Kit Graham