image via Foxtail + Moss
Horray Friday! Hopefully everyone is gearing up for a fun St. Patrick’s Day weekend! This week’s Friday Five was hand picked by Natalie of Street Smarts.
I’m Natalie, an everyday explorer. I love bicycles, hammocking, decorating, cooking my way through my massive cookbook collection, and exploring Chicago’s restaurant scene. I’m a loyal Green City Market patron, enjoy catching a good movie at the Logan Theater, and find value in solo trips to the Art Institute. I blog over at Street Smarts, a mix of my musical taste, culinary taste, design eye, and more.
I’m thrilled to be curating the Friday Five post this week. The WCBC is an amazing group of bloggers and you all continue to impress me! It was tough to narrow it down to just five posts that I love, but here they are:
- Check out these eco friendly spring cleaning tips found on Isn’t That Charming. Awesome to see Emily collaborate with other WCBC members P.S. Truly Yours, Payington & Co., The Garden Apt. for this feature on refinery 29.
- Jessica of My Piece of Sunshine is a WCBC member I have had the pleasure of knowing for a few years now. She’s a bold, confident woman and I admire her amazingly positive outlook on life and her balanced, healthy lifestyle. I’m particularly loving her recent posts on how to have a great lady date and a recipe for cauliflower rice with butternut squash sauce and veggies.
- Claire & Lauren of Foxtail + Moss, your MAKE series is fabulous I’m also digging the fact that 1970s style wall hangings are having a moment right now. You gals make me want to get all crafty with your tutorial on how to make a yarn wall hanging. I only hope my attempt turns out half as good as Claire’s P.S. you should think about starting an etsy shop to sell these :]
- Jessica of The Golden Girl has us wanting to jump (back) on the mule trend this spring!
- Lauren of Lakeshore Lady made a delicious looking cherry chia jam. I’m going to whip up a batch soon & give my breakfast game a big upgrade.
Cheers to the weekend!
Here are our events for the next week:
- Blogging 101 on Social Media // Mar. 16, 11:30am-12:30pm
- WRUW White Out at The Blues Jean Bar // Mar. 18, 6-8
Last piece of business! We’re looking for more members to guest curate the Friday Five going forward! Let us know if you want to do a Friday Five recap! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll assign you a week and then we just ask you send it by 7 pm on Thursday to go-live the next morning. Can’t wait to see what posts our members are loving!