image via Pinterest
Happy Friday! I was beginning to think we were going to have a bit of a reprieve from the snow and cold, but alas-the Chicago winter lives on! It has been an exciting week for the Windy City Blogger Collective; thanks to all our wonderful new members who have joined us-we have a ton of fun opportunities in the pipeline for you and can’t wait to share! For now, here are a few great posts from our members this week!
- Kathi of Expert on Time shares her tips on one of her must-have beauty products-eye cream. It feels like this winter has been especially harsh on my skin and her expert advice was just what I needed to up my eye game.
- Beth of Chic and Glamorous put together a great post with some of Lupita Nyong’o’s fab red carpet looks. The 12 Years a Slave actress has been killing it this awards season and I can’t wait to see what she has in store for the Oscars in March!
- Laurie of 312 Beauty gives tips on how to work Pantone’s 2014 color of the year, Radiant Orchid, into your beauty routine. All I know is that I need that Deborah Lippmann nail polish in my life, stat!
- Kailley of Kailley’s Kitchen made Valentine’s Day Doughnut Cupcakes that almost look too good to eat! Note that I said almost-with strawberry-infused pink velvet and marshmallow buttercream, these wouldn’t last long in my house!
- Jill of Hot Pink Style shows us how to stay warm and stylish here in #chiberia. I love how she pairs this cute blazer with a patterned skirt and tights-if only I could make layers look this good!
Big plans for the weekend? If not, check out these great events happening in Chicago this Saturday and Sunday!
Plum Market is hosting Get Fit on Saturday, January 25, from 11am to 3pm – an ‘inside and out’ healthy living event. Check out the event on Facebook for more details.
- Gigi Bottega, a women’s boutique in downtown Evanston, is hosting a Stella & Dot trunk show this Sunday, January 26, from 1pm-4pm. Stop by for 15% off all purchases! RSVP to email@example.com.