TGIFWCBC! (Thank Gosh It’s Friday, Windy City Bloggers Collective!) This is Mischaela, or as I’m known in most circles Big City Blonde. I’m the Blonde in Chief of BigCityBlonde.com, a fashion, beauty, and lifestyle blog for chic urban femmes. When read regularly, people will think you got highlights. I’m here to bring you my Friday Five, the five fabulous posts and personalities that I’m living for this week.
- I absolutely adore Victoria Rose of The Rose Reserve. She and I had a blast representing #TeamBlonde at my Blondes vs. Brunettes event at Goldplaited. Her recent outfit posts have been a big inspiration to me; I can’t stop thinking pink. Victoria is like a modern day Malibu Barbie with her blonde hair,tan, and fondness for pops of pink. I look to Victoria for inspiration when I need to work a bit of color into my wardrobe. I am coveting this baby pink leather moto jacket she’s rocking in her latest update…check it out.
- While we’re on the topic of #TeamBlonde you should check out Molly Tullis at Haute Tempered, her Twitter bio says it all: “Just another #fashionblogger, carving out a piece of the internet for monochrome fanatics.” She’s funny, witty, irreverent, and uber stylish. My current read on her blog is a little piece on three different ways to work out! I’m trying to revamp my daily workout and this piece has been my guide!
- If you don’t read Megan Jedlinski’s blog, Stylish & Scatterbrained you’re seriously lacking in your daily dose of sartorial inspiration. I always joke with Megan that she is the third Olsen Twin and that they are really a set of triplets; she’s just THAT stylish. I’m dying for the outfit she just posted on wearing pale and monochromatic colors, called “Simple Hues“.
- Mia Meng, the bright mind behind Feline Creatures is one of my fashion faves in Chicago, because unlike all of my petite and adorable friends…she’s has tall girl problems just like me! She rocks a mean pencil skirt, like only a leggy girl can and has millions of ways to look high fashion in flats. Her blog just celebrated it’s 1 year anniversary and she’s taking us back to her very first post, check it out here.
- One of my first friends in the WCBC was Nicole Regan, whose gorgeous blog Cedar & Rush inspired me to jump in heels and blonde hair first into Big City Blonde. Nicole just shared that she is moving away from the Windy City….but thankfully will be only 25 minutes away in a nearby suburb! *WHEW* Check out her recent post where she announces her move and shows us how to style a sleek Club Monaco trench! Read more on her blog.