image via Lauren Fondriest
Hi, I’m Lauren from The Chicago Lifestyle – your inside source to the fun, unique and novel things to do in Chicago. My goal is for everyone to go out and enjoy this beautiful city we live in – this past week I even donned a hard hat and safety glasses to prove how much I love Chicago! I can usually be found outside soaking up our (ever-increasing!) sunshine, dining al fresco or running along the lakefront path.
Always looking for new inspiration from the incredible group of foodies, writers, designers, athletes, photographers, stylists and more among us, I captured my five favorites from this week’s roundup:
- In honor of National Running Day on Wednesday, Kristen of Fab Fit Chicago posted Five Ways to Revamp Your Running Routine. As I am a former marathoner who has been slacking on her running, this was just the motivation I needed to get me back out there! She reminds us to take the road less traveled, finding a new route and especially seeking out nature for a fresh energy boost.
- Megan of Keeping It Real in High Heels recently started a Post Grad series providing tips for women entering “the real world.” While I’m not too keen on admitting that I lived with my parents in the suburbs for a bit after graduating, I related right away to Megan’s article on 6 Tips on Moving Back in with the ‘Rents. Be respectful and set ground rules – important for any living situation.
- In pursuit of a fresh summer look I recently cut 5 inches off my hair (so much shorter!) Caitlin of A Cheeky Fox inspired me with an easy and chic way to wear my new length in 5 Easy Steps for Perfect Beach Waves.
- I was in awe over the stunning photographs in Steph of Glitterary’s interview of fashionable spirit Debbie Jagel. Steph caught Debbie, owner of Naperville boutique Ootra, in her element while styling a client. Their talk of fashion inspiration and runways made me want to step up my own style.
- In anticipation of her 28th birthday (I, too, am nearing the same milestone), Arin of Heart of Chic let us in on some wisdom she’s learned over the past year (28 Lessons | 28th Birthday). It’s important to stop and reflect every so often – even if it’s another reminder to be our best selves. My favorite: Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle!
Have a fabulous weekend and fill me in on your fun around town!
Last piece of business! We’re looking for more members to guest curate the Friday Five going forward! Let us know if you want to do a Friday Five recap! Email us at email@example.com. We’ll assign you a week and then we just ask you send it by 5 pm on Thursday to go-live the next morning. We love to see what posts our members are loving!