image via Pinterest
Happy Friday! We’ve survived another frigid week… only to have snow in the forecast! Let’s all remember how awesome Chicago Summers are and why we deal with this. It has been another very exciting week for the Windy City Blogger Collective! We’ve added several new members (welcome!) and we’ve been putting details together for several future events (see the list below)! We hope to see you at the Happy Hour on Tuesday at The Jimmy, but for now, here are our Five Faves this week!
- Debbie of Dietitian Debbie Dishes shares a delicious looking salad that makes use of all the best seasonal vegetables.
- Rachel of An Eventful Life partnered up with another blogger to style the same pair of shoes! That’s such a fun idea for a collaboration. Oh, and I should mention that the shoes are leopard print wedge booties.
- Katharine of Living’s as Easy as 312 shares the recipe for Cinnamon Baked Donuts and my mouth is watering! If it hadn’t been -20 I probably would have showed up on her doorstep to beg for some.
- Stephanie of The Naked Canvas has been on a Financial Fast so she’s rediscovering her closet. She’s put together a classic look using favorite pieces from past outfits. As someone who wears clothes for a very long time I appreciated the classics remixed!
- Lauren of This Life Styled runs down the Top 10 Trends to try in 2014. The round-up is spot on and I’m looking forward to seeing our other Windy City Bloggers embrace these trends! Sign me up for metallics, pastels, athletic, and that Mean Girls crop top!
So there’s a little snow coming. Nothing you can’t handle! But it does help to have something to look forward to, check out these great events coming up!
Today through Monday, February 3rd, Gilt City Chicago is highlighting fantastic food around the city giving members the chance to dine at a selection of Michelin Bib Gourmand restaurants. The specials will be announced the day of, so check the website each day!
- Kendall College is offering cooking classes for couples (Valentine’s Day is just around the corner). You can choose between a Brunch or a Dinner class on either February 14 or 15. Both classes are designed for beginners and the menus sound fabulous!
- Saturday begins Dusek’s Board & Beer in Pilsen’s “Cause Beer” series where portion of each special brew sold goes to supporting a local initiative. February’s Cause is Art in Public Places in collaboration with 25th Ward Alderman Solis’ office to transform neglected and inactive spaces or sites plagued with vandalism and to connect artists with creative opportunities throughout the ward. This month, $1 of every 5rabbit Fabulosa Porter goes to support this effort!
- We, the Windy City Blogger Collective, have our next Happy Hour on Tuesday at The Jimmy. Let us know on Twitter that you’re coming using the hashtag #WCBCHH