image via Erin on Color Me Styled
It’s Katharine here from Paytington & Co. and I hope you’ve all had a successful start to May. Personally, I’m thrilled it’s closer to July than to New Years and I’m hoping the weather reflects my excitement sooner rather than later. I’m definitely looking forward to wearing my fancy-pants fascinator for the Derby tomorrow—it brings me so much excitement to pretend I’m Kate Middleton, even if it’s for one day. I had no idea so many WCBC members shared my excitement for hats and horse racing! Here are a couple Derby favorites and a few other weekly revelations:
- Megan of Stylish & Scatterbrained and Shaheen of Lows to Luxe collaborated on this fabulous Derby fashion post. Those hats from Gold Coast Couture are so chic!
- Mark, of Windy City Epicurean, did a three part Derby Fashion series for men! (One, Two, Three) If only I could get Dan to care that much.
- Beneath the Chandelier shared her thoughts on the Sorbet Course and why it’s not to be missed! I need to keep her article in mind next time I host a dinner party!
- I just discovered there is another popcorn fiend in the WCBC! Kailley of Kailley’s Kitchen made Stovetop Truffle Popcorn—it looks delicious!
- P.S. Did you know Corner Bakery created super healthy (and delicious) summer dishes? Neither did I until Lakeshore Lady posted gorgeous photos of their new summer menu!
Cheers and best of luck placing bets on the winning horse!
- Spring Party w The Garden Apt // May 2, 6-10 pm
- Derby Party w Adopted Style and Cedar and Rush // May 3, 2 pm
Last piece of business! We’re looking for more members to guest curate the Friday Five going forward! Let us know if you want to do a Friday Five recap! Email us at email@example.com. We’ll assign you a week and then we just ask you send it by 7 pm on Thursday to go-live the next morning. Can’t wait to see what posts our members are loving!