Hi everyone! I’m Paige Mariah, of PaigeMariah.com (surprise!), a life & style blog that has become my true outlet for style expression, as well as a place to store and share the memories of so many fun experiences. Though I’m still fairly new to WCBC, I’ve had the opportunity to meet quite a few new people and discover some pretty awesome blogs in the process. Now, let’s get to my Friday Five!
- I’ve had the opportunity to hang out with Nancy of Fancy Nanc-ista at a couple of events and not only is she super sweet, but she has great style! I’m totally swooning over this non-traditional derby look featuring some pretty amazing wide legged culottes in her latest post.
- As a May 2014 graduate and only being 6 months into my first career job, I’m still doing a lot of adjusting to the work/life balance! I was really glad when I stumbled upon Meredith’s Job Offers & Bad Boyfriends new blog post about being “you” at work. I love how she talked about it being okay to combine your professional qualities with your best “outside of work” qualities, ultimately showing the truest version of yourself while you’re at the office. I’ll definitely be bookmarking her site for some future tips and lessons on being a career woman!
- I love being able to catch up with friends during a nice weekend brunch! I’m always interested in trying out new brunch spots in Chicago, so I was super excited to discover the weekly Bunches O’ Brunches series on Chicagoings. The latest post features Takito Kitchen, a tapas style Mexican taqueria in Wicker Park. The photos of these dishes alone made me hungry and now I can’t wait to check this place out!
- Everyone that knows me, knows that I am a self-proclaimed professional thrifter. I love the thrill of discovering great pieces, all while paying little to nothing! I loved that Raissa of S1mpl3e encouraged people to give thrifting a try in her latest style post. I’d like to think that thrift stores and vintage shops are filled with a bunch of little hidden treasures. If you’re patient enough to look, you never know what jewels you may find!
- Every summer needs a great soundtrack! I plan to experience as many music festivals and concerts as I possibly can during these upcoming warmer months. Therefore, I’ll definitely be visiting Hope for Hip-Hop for new music and tour date announcements! I just checked out a post sharing a new released version of Miguel’s song Coffee featuring Wale. Love it!
Thanks so much for checking out my Friday Five! I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend and a chance to enjoy some of this lovely warm weather that we’ve been waiting so “patiently” for here in the Windy City.